Undergraduate Admission Process for Obtaining an I-20
Students must have an official letter of Admission to Florida Tech from the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
Submit the following:
- I-20 Request Form
- Bank Statement/letter dated within 6 months of I-20 request date. If student is sponsored, a letter of sponsorship must accompany the bank statement.
- International Financial Certificate signed and sealed by a bank.
- Passport picture page, to include that of any authorized dependents (if applicable.)
- Copy of current, valid I-20 (only required for students currently studying in the USA.)**
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (this is required for the issuance of immigration documents, I-20). Request your official test scores (iBT, IELTS, PTE, CAE, Kaplan, ELS) to be sent to Florida Tech.
These documents must be received by the Office of Undergraduate Admission no later than 45 days prior to the beginning of the term of attendance for the I-20 to be issued on time for the F-1 visa appointment at the US Embassy. All forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (In certain instances a student may be required to mail originals prior to I-20 issuance.)
**If a student is transferring from a school or university in the United States, the Office of Undergraduate Admission must be informed to facilitate an official SEVIS transfer as mandated by the Department of Homeland Security. Please complete the I-20 Transfer of Eligibility form.
Note: all forms that are required to be completed are sent along with the admission letter, however please obtain copies here.
Florida Tech policy states that students are required to attend for one full semester if they enter the United States on a Florida Tech I-20. Florida Tech will not release a student until he/she completes one semester of attendance. There are no exceptions to this policy.