Admitted Student Information
Next Steps for Transfer Students
Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to Florida Institute of Technology! Now what?
- You will receive your TRACKS information within 24 hours of being admitted. It will be sent to the email address you listed on your application. If you do not receive it please, contact Tech Support (321) 674-7284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your transcripts will be reviewed by the Registrar’s office (and in some cases the academic department) and as soon as your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) is complete it will appear in Access. It typically takes about three weeks, but can take longer during peak times. Access will be updated as soon as it is complete.
- You are automatically considered for scholarships when you apply! All of the scholarship opportunities can be found here.
- If you haven’t already scheduled a visit to campus, call us to schedule it! You’ll do a tour of campus, meet with your academic department and sit down with a Transfer Counselor to discuss all of your questions.
- You’ll have to file the FAFSA. Our code is 001469. Be sure to try the calculator.
- Once you have decided Florida Tech is the place for you, you’ll pay the $300 non-refundable tuition deposit. If you plan to live on campus (as a transfer you aren’t required to) you’ll also need to pay your housing deposit and complete your housing and meal plan contract. You can do both of these things through Panther Pass. You can also purchase a parking pass, opt in /out of health insurance and accept your financial aid package through Panther Pass. You'll need your TRACKS account information for Panther Pass.
Then, check your @my.fit.edu e-mail.
Once you have paid the non-refundable tuition deposit and received your transfer credit evaluation (TCE) through your Access account, please contact your academic department for class scheduling.
After you have been admitted and paid your tuition deposit, official university messages regarding your class registration, e-bill, housing assignments, meal plan updates, and more will be sent only one place: your @my.fit.edu e-mail address. So sign into university webmail using your TRACKS username and password now; there may be important information waiting for you there.
And don't forget to file the FAFSA!
Your admission packet included a scholarship award letter, sure, but what about federal and state aid? Even if you don't qualify for (or don't want) loans, there are available grants you will only be considered for if you submit the FAFSA.
You may file the FAFSA beginning Jan. 1.